avy class day 1

• Thanks for the outstanding on-snow avy class yesterday!  Being very new to backcountry skiing, the class taught me the essential skills I need to venture out into the backcountry where I can practice the skills learned and also learn from experience.  I couldn’t have been more impressed with the class.  Please keep up the good work! -Adam P.
  • Thanks for putting on the free avalanche training.  It was very informative and helpful.  Our guide Liz did a great job. -Brad W.
  • Hey Bob and everyone over at FOBP, I Just wanted to drop a quick line and say thanks so much for putting on the avalanche training this weekend at Berthoud Pass.  It’s awesome that you guys put the time into doing the class right and offer it to the public for free!  Education is the number one tool to keeping us out of the path of an avalanche. -Pete G.
  • I wanted to once again thank all of those involved with putting together this past weekend’s free avalanche safety course at Berthoud Pass.  Offering a course of this caliber for free makes it truly accessible for all backcountry users to be better prepared to make good decisions and be better prepared for the hazards of backcountry use.  Thank you! -John M.
  • Thanks so much for putting this on again. I thought the session on Saturday was fantastic. -Jeff W.
Field Days 2010

4 thoughts on “Field Days 2010

• February 9, 2010 at 12:59 am

The free on snow course this weekend was fantastic! As a beginner to backcountry skiing, I feel much better prepared to venture out and have a great time. This course has enabled me to identify undesirable and dangerous conditions, and will help me to make the best decisions I can when I’m out there. The exercises were packed full of information and our instructors, Dale and Mark, made them fun as well. They are both very experienced, and I felt it was a privilege to be under their instruction for the day. The fact that you hold this course for free is a remarkable thing. THANK YOU so much, all of you, for spending your personal time to educate us and keep us all more safe in the backcountry.

• February 9, 2010 at 11:17 am

FOBP is great! Thank you so much for putting on this course. I was a hesitant and uneducated backcountry traveler. This course gave me a great overview of what I need to be proficient out in the hills and it was free. The Friends are a great organization who provide a valuable service to the community.

• February 9, 2010 at 6:31 pm

I have to say that I really enjoyed your free class. I hope to be able to use it as soon as I can it was great. It was definitely a way for me to get into the backcountry. I was probably the youngest there considering I am only a seventh grader and 12 years old but I still love skiing as much as anyone else there. Overall I just wanted to say thanks for the class I hope to be there again and maybe soon be an instructor

• February 13, 2010 at 3:08 pm

Thank you, thank you, thank you for continuing to offer a free avalanche awareness & safety course at Berthoud. I took it for the 3rd year in a row and continue to learn more while practicing skills with the thoroughly enjoyable outdoor community it brings together.

I will continue to support FOBP in thanks for all you’ve done at Berthoud Pass, and especially for the free community educational opportunities you continue to provide. I hope all other organizations involved also recognize the value of this free community service and continue to support you as well. Thanks again!

Please let me know if I can be of service advocating for this free program to continue. I know it has made me a safer, more aware back country skier and for all the lives it’s touched of similar skiers that would otherwise not take expensive courses or organize practice of their back country skills, the ski community at Berthoud has benefited greatly.

Sincerely,